Friday, November 26, 2010

Fandango is on Crack

Two days ago Fandango put out a list of the The Five Film You're Thankful for in 2010. That list includes Toy Story 3, Inception, Scott Pilgram vs. the World, Let Me In, and Splice/Piranhas 3-D (a tie for 5th place).

Really? Those are Fandango's top 5 of 2010? Really?

Toy Story 3 and Inception, definitely. But Scott Pilgram, Splice, and Piranhas 3-D???? I heard good things about Let Me In, but I never saw it so I can't accurately say whether or not that should make the list. If we're being honest I didn't see Scott Pilgram either, but I can't stand Michael Cera so anything with him in it automatically is a fail in my book.

If I was going to compile a list of great movies of the past year it would be Inception, Toy Story 3, How to Train Your Dragon, The Social Network, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

Inception:
Inception is on my list because it's been a while since I've seen a movie that made me think that hard while I was watching it. I love a nice challenging movie that forces you to think. It was great. plus the cinematography and acting and everything technical was great too :)

Toy Story 3:
I grew up with Andy, I was his age in Toy Story 1 and 2 and now with Toy Story 3. When it came out I was finishing up my senior year and getting everything ready for college. I was trying to figure out what to do with all the stuff in my room including all my old toys. For me that movie was great because I could relate to the story, but it was still a kid's movie so all the kids who have never even seen the first two would like, plus all the parents like it because its a time they all fear (having their kids leave). I loved it.

How to Train Your Dragon:
OH MY GOODNESS. This movie was AMAZING. I had no idea what to expect going in, but it was cute, it was funny, it was endearing. All around it was a fantastic movie and I don't even like animated movies most of the time. If you haven't seen this, see it.

The Social Network:
This movie was just a really interesting story. I saw it twice and loved it both times. I love true story movies because afterward I can go look up more information, which is exactly what I did after seeing The Social  Network. Not and incredibly accurate film, but really good. See it.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1:
I don't really think I need to say anything about this one. Just read my blog post below this one to see all the reason I love Harry Potter. I'm going to see it again tomorrow!

Anyway, those are my choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment