Saturday, November 6, 2010

Life Is Too Busy

So two-ish weeks ago, I decide to start a blog because I'm bored. I haven't posted anything in a week because I've been SO busy. I got the job at Bruxie, I took a couple midterms, I haven't slept in a few days, and I'm hungry. Despite all that, I'm still really happy!

All last week I've been training 5 hours a day 5 days a week for this new job, it's been crazy! We had a friends and family opening today where we gave out free waffles and drinks to friends and family of the owners and employees! It was really face paced and hectic, but more fun than I even imaged it would be :). I did burn myself on some hot coffee though....here are some pictures :)
This is a picture of the whole Bruxie team!
These are the owners of Bruxie showing us how to prepare the waffles! We ate so many samples during training :)
This is the outside of the building.
Here I am at the window today, taking orders.
So that pretty much sums up the hard working, stressful, but yummy part of last week.

On top of all the coffee, waffle, POS, and customer service training, I was studying for THREE midterms, doing FOUR projects, and reading a 300 page book! I got a C on my history midterm which normally I would be pretty bent up about, but I got a D- on my last one, so I'm just happy I improved. I haven't gotten my Film Aesthetics or Science midterms back yet, but hopefully I did fairly well on those. I made another film, this one was also in a group of four and it's a film noir style drug love triangle kind of story. I think it turned out really well, even though my bad acting took it down a notch.


The Pursuit from Zoe Loza on Vimeo.

Basically with all this stuff going on plus hanging out with my friends and stuff, I've been sleeping about two or three hours a night. But I'm having so much fun, I barely even notice (except for when I'm studying haha). Thursday night I went out to dinner with some friends for one of their birthdays which was really awesome, we went to PF Chang's which is a personal favorite of mine as far as Chinese food goes!

Now I'm just kind of chillin', waiting for next weekend when my bestest friend Kate visits! :) We're going to Disneyland! Which, sadly, will be the first time I've gone since I've started living in Southern California! I think we're also going to the laugh factory in Hollywood and hanging out with her sister at UCLA. It's basically going to be an epic weekend. Then my dad is coming on Monday.

3 comments:

  1. congrats ...best of luck.. keep it up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey cant see ur film on youtube.. i think its only for private view..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went back and made sure it was public. Try again

    ReplyDelete