Monday, January 10, 2011

Avril Lavigne

When I was 11 years old Avril Lavigne was my favorite singer, her music was cool and lyrics were deep, especially when it came to her second album. She is a fantastic songwriter. Then she released "The Best Damn Thing" with her lead single "Girlfriend" which featured lines like "you're just so whatever." It was probably the worst piece of musical crap I have ever heard. Now she has a fourth album coming out in March. She has been saying this album has a sound a lot more like her second album and it's deeper and it's more her and it's more acoustic stuff. Her voice sounds great acoustic by the way. So when I heard this, I got really excited because she  takes so much time between each album that I get really excited when I get new music from her. I really wanted to see her comeback from that last over produced pop album and make a real good piece of art. Well her first single "What the Hell" was released a few days ago and I have to say, I am beyond disappointed. It sounds exactly like "Girlfriend." My favorite singer has become a sellout and you know what makes it worse...she used to make fun of people like that and she used to say that she would never be like this, but now she is and you know why? For money. I'm all for making money off of your singer career even if it means changing your sound a little bit, but Avril became something she always claimed to hate and to me that's lame. She has officially lost me as fan. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment